Top answers from doctors based on your search:

why do i flush after eating

A 85-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
31 years experience Internal Medicine
Flusing is common: Particularly after eating spicy or hot food . This is because of release of vasoactive substances in to the circulation . If you are flushing after ea ... Read More
2 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Exam/EKG: Many factors can cause this so the most important thing you can do is get a full physical, ekg and blood work, especially, thyroid, metabolic panel, C ... Read More
1 thank
A 56-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
32 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Hours: Carcinoid syndrome is symptoms associated with carcinoid tumors -- tumors of the small intestine, colon, appendix, and lungs. These tumors release too ... Read More
1 thank
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Dansie
15 years experience Family Medicine
No: It's not what you eat, but how much, that matters cutting calories, not necessarily fat or carbs, is the key to long-term weight loss, a new study fo ... Read More
A 56-year-old member asked:
Dr. Shalabh Bansal
12 years experience Pediatrics
Pho...: By "pho" - i assume you mean the vietnamese soup. You may be bloated due to the amount of liquid in it as well as fresh veggies which can stimulate ga ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
Much more info: From what you've provided, it is impossible to tell you anything. Think for a moment and revise your question. Tell us more about yourself and your bo ... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
You may be: Reacting to chemicals in the alcohol. You could be sensitive to alcohol or it's ingredients such as yeast, grains, sulfites, histamines ; other chemi ... Read More
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Munshower
29 years experience Family Medicine
Depends: The answer depends on several issues. Is it all foods, some food, trigger foods, how long has this been going on, other symptoms, are you anxious, et ... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience Cardiology
?: Well, the sugar isn't doing it. You need a workup for dizziness. There are too numerous to count possibilities. Sugar isn't one of them, though.
A 71-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ajay Acharya
36 years experience Internal Medicine
Poor reserve...: You have a compromised cardiac output.....when you eat significant blood diverted to GI system....leading to reduced supply to periphery....
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Sherer
36 years experience Anesthesiology
Not normal: There can be many upper GI conditions that can cause this. This is not normal. See a gastroenterologist soon.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jagdish Mishra
37 years experience Cardiology
Blood pooling: Some people, after eating might feel dizzy as most of the blood goes around GI system to help food digest ie less blood going to the brain and some mi ... Read More
4 thanks
A 55-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Charlap
36 years experience Holistic Medicine
Unclear: What kind of chocolate do you react to? Dark, milk, or white? How much sugar is added? Any other added ingredients including chemicals? Is it possible ... Read More
1 thank
A 52-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kathryn Akin
36 years experience Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
Expasnsion: Cereal, starches, and other foods often expand after it is eaten and absorbs all of the liquid that it can. Sometimes eating more slowly helps you con ... Read More
A 57-year-old male asked:
Dr. Karen Butler
20 years experience Family Medicine
Need more info: Really need more details but sounds like you need to get to your doctor for an exam
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
51 years experience Endocrinology
Could have diabetes: check sugars with home monitoring kit or see MD
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
30 years experience Family Medicine
Irritable bowel ??: Alcohol can stimulate irritable bowel symptoms of diarrhea. This could also be due to an allergic reaction. Best to see your doctor to confirm the dia ... Read More
1 thank
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
It is likely: Because some of the popcorn is not broken down and the fiber content.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Hettinger
35 years experience Podiatry
Blood flow....: More blood flow is diverted to your stomach to aid in digestion. It shouldn't be really noticeable though. Thyroid problems can cause this as well.
2 thanks
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Roth
42 years experience Addiction Medicine
Mutual support helps: Are you going to aa meetings? Do you have a sponsor? Do you have a phone list of aa members whom you can call when you have a craving?
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Durga Komaragiri
31 years experience Internal Medicine
Hyperglycemia: Be checked for hyperglycemia/ nausea due to serotonin release.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
What temperature is: The water? From a traditional chinese medicine standpoint, the healthiest way to drink water is a room temperature. The concepts are a little complex ... Read More
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
Has to do: This has to do with hormones and other chemicals released that stimulate your sweat glands.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits