Top answers from doctors based on your search:

what will i do when i have white spots on my back and its very itchy

A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michio Abe
25 years experience Internal Medicine
See a dermatologist: Itchy white spots could be many things, including hives (urticaria), irritant contact dermatitis, fungal infection, scabies, or skin cancer. You need ... Read More
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 39-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Rash: This rash needs to be visualized & a history needs to be obtained in order to make an accurate diagnosis.
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Morton Levitt
48 years experience Pathology
Trinessa (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) : Trinessa (norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol) can be used for the treatment of acne or as a contraceptive. Either way, one of the known side effects i ... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Contact allergy: You may be allergic to something in your bra and the metal in the bra hook. You may try a different make of bra and one with a plastic hook. Wash the ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronald Widman
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
Derm: Acne can be treated and seeing a dermatologist may be helpful. Sounds like dry skin on your back. Try moisturizing lotion on your skin such as euceri ... Read More
A 27-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Doctor can evaluate: Spots can be due to allergic, viral, or fungal causes. Sometimes spots are sensitive skin eczema, or due to aging or sun exposure. A primary care doct ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience Endocrinology
Pimples: Sorry to hear this. You must start with a visit to your primary doctor and you are likely to be referred to a skin specialist. Do not delay! Please l ... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience Internal Medicine
Dermatologist: A dermatologist is best qualified to examine you and make a diagnosis. Perhaps these pigmented spots are insignificant but without seeing them a physi ... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
32 years experience Family Medicine
Fordyce Spots: these are normal sebaceous glands and are part of the normal structure. There is no need for treatment. They do not cause itching. Your itching may ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Mary Engrav
30 years experience Emergency Medicine
That : That is concerning for a possible allergic reaction or vascular problem. At this stage of pregnancy, any complaint must be taken very seriously. Ple ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. James Rochester
25 years experience Family Medicine
Post picture: Could you post of picture of them? That would be helpful and perhaps help one of us to answer what they might be and how you might be able to treat t ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Duane Gels
36 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Simple things first: Most people would use moisturizing creams if weather is dry or it's wintertime, or over the counter steroid creams and antihistamines. If continues, m ... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Without seeing: It, I would recommend you don't scratch it and apply antifungal medication. If we could see a pic I could comment further.
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Not sure.: There are a # of possible causes. The best way to get an accurate diagnosis would be dermatological evaluation.
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Dermatology: without a photo or examination I advise that you see a skin specialist. You can use OTC antibiotic ointment until seen and evaluated.
A female asked:
Dr. John Rhoades
47 years experience Family Medicine
Below: There are some derm condition which mimic what your symptoms are, but an exam is necessary to make a DX. Look up Tinea Versicolor on the internet and ... Read More
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Go to Doctor: I am sure you do not need us to tell you, but if you are in pain and there is something wrong you go see your family physician.
A female asked:
Dr. Edwin Gray
53 years experience General Practice
Moisturize your skin: Rashes can be dry skin. Avoid hot too much soap baths. Moisturize with simple skin oils such as vaseline after each bath of once per day. Be nice t ... Read More
A 76-year-old female asked:
Dr. Duane Keller
44 years experience Dentistry
Probable taste buds: These are probably taste buds and should be there. It is always good to check with your dentist to be sure they are normal. They should appear the s ... Read More
4 thanks
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ly Phan
Dr. Ly Phan answered
21 years experience General Surgery
Cyst : Could be done kind of cyst that may get irritate or inflame.
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Peter Lio
Dr. Peter Lio answered
19 years experience Dermatology
Folliculitis?: Infection of the hair follicles commonly occurs on the neck and back and is usually caused by staph bacteria. In this case, usually oral antibiotics ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
22 years experience Family Medicine
Skin lesions: Skin infection such as boils may not hurt but can be felt with your hand. Other lesions such as serborrheic keratosis or dermatitis or psoriasis may p ... Read More
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits