U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What kind of doctor treat Lymphedema

A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Philip Woodworth
General Surgery 26 years experience
Surgeon/radiologist: Could also see a message therapist if there is no venous valvular insufficiency that needs correction.
Dr. Eric Lullove
Podiatry 20 years experience
A few: Cardiologits, vascular surgeons and podiatrists are able to treat lymphedema of the lower leg.
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Dariush Vaziri
Breast Surgery 48 years experience
It is treatable: Lymphedema can be treated but usually not completely cured. Long term treatment measures needed. An expert physical therapist can be very helpful. Ple... Read More
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 43 years experience
Lymphedema: I would investigate the topic on the Internet, as there are numerous patient focused websites dealing with this issue.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Lymphedema: There are well trained and medically supervised lymphedema therapists who can help. They wrap the area(s) and use machines to pump the fluid. Please ... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffery Dormu
Vascular Surgery 24 years experience
Lymphedema: Vascular surgeons address all diseases of the arteries, veins and lymphatic system. If you believe you have an issue such as lymphedema, see a vascul... Read More
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 48 years experience
Several options: Lymphedema can have multiple causes and is not always easy to determine the reason for it. You should have a full evaluation by a md trained in this ... Read More
A 56-year-old female asked:
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
52 years experience
Lymph edema : If that's the dx, it's treated with compression hose. Your fp should be able to handle for you.
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Oliver Aalami
Vascular Surgery 24 years experience
Yes: If you have swelling that is more than usual and is not going away, then a trip to the primary physician makes sense. There are many reasons people de... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Barry Rosen
General Surgery 35 years experience
Breast Surgeon: The best way to treat lymphedema is by compression therapy performed by a specially-trained physical therapist. Any doctor can refer you to a physica... Read More
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Peter H'doubler
Vascular Surgery 41 years experience
Vascular specialist: Compression and lymphatic massage are the mainstays of therapy for lymphedema. As lymphedema is a diagnosis of exclusion, make sure you see a vascula... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care 36 years experience
Lymphedema: Lymphedema is usually not an emergency as it is progressive and rarely requires emergent care. The typical er physician is not expert, per se, in this... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 43 years experience
There is a society: dedicated to this problem. See what resources they can provide for you. https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://lipedemaproject.org/wp-content/upl... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Not contagious: Lymphedema itself is not contagious, but sometimes might be caused by an infection. Some doctors always wear gloves for all exams. I suggest you ask t... Read More