U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What do infected mosquito bites look like

A member asked:
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
You can: If you're in the Waikato area between 6-11pm weeknights you can have a consultation with an after-hours doctor on this forum. Otherwise you will need... Read More
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Mozzy bite: You can use your smart health account. In general it is not a big deal only annoying and may itch. Rarely they can become infected. Hygiene should m... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Fromowitz
20 years experience
Better options: A better choice would be to hold and ice cube to help with pain or itch...And apply an antibiotic ointment like polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) ... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 30 years experience
Often this can be a: superinfection so i would get in to see your doctor or dermatologist for culture and treatment
Dr. Andrea Rodgers
29 years experience
Spreading bites: It is possible that you could have an skin infection, one that would mimic spreading bites is called folliculitis, an infection of the hair follicles.... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Matthew Davis
Podiatry 14 years experience
Let it Resolve First: I would advise to let the cellulitis resolve and be cleared by the physician treating the cellulitis before resuming exercise as the increased activit... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Not easy: Unusual for a mosquito bite to be infected absent your scratching it and abrading the skin over it. If the area of redness expands, is very warm to t... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
HIV has never been known or reported to be transmitted by insect bites of any kind. Rumors like that were common when AIDS first became common in the ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nicole Touchet
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Infected insect bite: If you have swelling, tenderness or enlargement of insect bites, they may be infected. You should seek medical attention as such infection can potent... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Pustule: Apply warm compresses. Apply an antibacterial ointment like bacitracin after patting dry. Cover with gauze and paper tape. An early boil or abscess ma... Read More
A 28-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Romano
Internal Medicine 10 years experience
Bug inside : Sounds like you needs a doctor to take that out to get you the proper diagnosis
A 16-year-old male asked:
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Family Medicine 26 years experience
That's possible: If it gets worse instead of better - more red, warm or tender, then it could be infected. You should see your doctor.