U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What could a hard lump under the jaw bone on the right side of the face be

A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Clarence Wimberly
Specializes in Family Medicine
Hard lump under jaw: This could be a lymph node or salivary gland. If it came up quickly then more likely a salivary gland. A boil could be there but would be very tender.... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carolina Sierra
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Possible parotitis: you need to have that lump examined it could be as simple as a stone blocking your parotid gland not allowing the saliva to flow .This happens when th... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Blocked gland?: A sebaceous cyst is a collection of oily fluid that occurs when an oil gland is blocked. Some folks are more prone to them than other and they often ... Read More
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Pediatrics 39 years experience
Lymph node: The mass you are describing is likely a lymph node. Follow up with doctor if mass increases in size.
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Buckman
53 years experience
Not necessarily so: Lymph glands are located very prominently under the jaw in the neck, and fight infections of the upper respiratory system. Swollen lymph glands are u... Read More
A 57-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dale Tylor
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric 20 years experience
Yes: Get checked. It could be infection but it could be something more serious like a tumor. If there is a mass that persists a few weeks with no symptom... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Gregory Johnson
Specializes in Orthodontics
Please : Please go to your dentist or physician today! an infection in the head and neck area is very serious! if you do not have a dentist or physician seek... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Vicki Levine
Dermatology 42 years experience
Possible allergy: If you wear earrings and have this rash you may be allergic to the nickel in the earrings. See a dermatologist or your general doctor who can prescrib... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. J. Richard Shih
Cosmetic Dentistry 29 years experience
See Oral Surgeon: There are some other rather benign tumor might show normal sign on ct or x-rays. Of course, if it is swollen salivary gland, then it must has a reason... Read More
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Laura Anissian
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Pop under skin: This is likely nothing to worry about. You probably were feeling a pop from the skin and underlying tissue rubbing against each other but this is noth... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Wait for report: Wait for biopsy report , if it is benign, it is post operative reaction and will subside in couple of wks , speak to your surgeon if any treatmen... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership