U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Wasp sting hives

A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Yes: common to feel this for few days, better rest, check your blood pressure, could be a side effect of antihistaminic you might be on, please see an alle... Read More
A 69-year-old female asked:
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
See a dermatologist: Since the hives have been there for such a long time i recommend seeing a dermatologist so that they can make a proper diagnosis and give you somethin... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Please go to ER: That's a bad reaction to wasp sting, it might progress, keep epipen handy,and keep taking benadryl (diphenhydramine) better go to ER, and fix an appoi... Read More
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Insect allergy..: Agree with Dr Al Hegab. It is important to know that bee allergy (which commonly occurs with wasps and other stinging insects) can be deadly. Hives ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arthur Balin
Dermatology 48 years experience
Wasp sting: If you are allergic to a wasp sting and you have an anaphylactic reaction to the sting you could die that is why they have the bee sting epi pens th... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Brian Novick
Allergy and Immunology 44 years experience
Not usually: A sting might cause a local infection if the area wasn't cleaned well soon after the sting and was later frequently scratched.
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Fromowitz
20 years experience
Severe reaction: Some people have anaphylactic reactions to bites...If you suspect this see your doctor who may prescribe an epi pen for you to carry. Severe swelling,... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Wasp sting: Sorry to hear and know it really hurts. Apply cold compress and call you Dr. office for advice. They know you best.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Raymond Blair
Family Medicine 18 years experience
Yes: Topical steroid ointment such as hydrocortisone should help reduce itching.
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Possibly: Any time there is a break in the integument (skin and mucous membranes) bacteria may be introduced into the break, but wasp stings seldom result in se... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tracy Sinha
Allergy and Immunology 54 years experience
Local or general: Can be just hives and soon progresses to big swelling and then trouble breathing.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership