Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Washing

Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
37 years experience in Internal Medicine
1

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Yes: If you experience chronic dry skin, you need to moisturize more than you bathe. Twice a day moisturizing is good.
43 years experience in Pathology
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
25 years experience in Ophthalmology
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience in Ophthalmology
Yes: Thorough washing with ordinary soap will inactivate sperm.
2
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
54 years experience in Internal Medicine
No: no need
1
Dr. Richard Makowiec
26 years experience in Hand Surgery
Yes: Hand washing with use of a soap or detergent can be effective in removing germs. Also, alcohol based "hand sanitizers" can serve this purpose.
8
24 years experience in Psychiatry
To actually wash : Stuff off of hands- soap and water. The hand sanitizer just kills germs - it isn't designed for removing gunk off of hands.
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience in Infectious Disease
Yes: Soap and water instantaneously kills HIV.
1
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience in Dermatology
Acne Treatment: Acne face soap is the least effective way to control acne.
2
Dr. Michelle Jones singer
37 years experience in Gynecology
No: Hpv is a virus and it will present as a wart on you hand. A wart is remove by chemical treatment, freezing or laser.
1
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Yes: Assuming detergent is added and the wash is dried in a drier.
Dr. Corey Clay
9 years experience in Allergy and Immunology
Dr. Nir Hus
Dr. Nir Hus answered
15 years experience in General Surgery
Sperm killer: yes.
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
No: Will sting, but won't cause harm. Similar to putting a disinfectant on a wound. It is then best to rinse it off with claen water.
1
24 years experience in Psychiatry
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Concerns: Dettol liquid antiseptic/ disinfectant could cause changes in vaginal flora and ph. Usually soap ; disinfectants are not needed inside the vagina.
Dr. Carrie Cannon
32 years experience in Family Medicine
Dr. Mitzi Scotten
27 years experience in Pediatrics
43 years experience in Pathology
1
Dr. Joseph Bouvier
24 years experience in Pediatrics
1
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Healthtap Doctors: are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines.
43 years experience in Pathology
1
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
32 years experience in Family Medicine

People also searched for:

Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!