U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Tightning just below sternum like a belt being tightened

A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Basulto
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Chest pain: Go see a doctor asap and get checked. Go now if this is new and is accompanied by shortness of breath and/or nausea, sweating, dizziness, or if you ha... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Usually muscle : Strain but go see your dr just to be sure there's no clot in the lungs. Take care!
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Farrah Ahmad
Internal Medicine 19 years experience
Musculoskeletal pain: It sounds like musculoskeletal pain. But any pain coming from chest should be evaluated, just to make sure that you don't have any cardiac condition o... Read More
Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Pain: You could have ribs or thoracic vertebrae out of place. Go see a do who does manipulation, for an osteopathic treatment. One trip may just do it!
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urology 52 years experience
Probably not, but...: Your depicted scenario may not suggest concerning colon or hernia. But, it's a good idea to watch, collect, and record the detailed feature and degree... Read More
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Carrie Cannon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Chest pain + dyspnea: Chest pain and shortness of breath should be evaluated at the ER or at least urgent care. Call 911, if it doesn't subside within 5 minutes at most.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
LUQ anatomy: Anatomically, the left upper quadrant (luq) of abdomen includes: spleen, pancreatic tail, stomach, descending duodenum, splenic flexure of the colon, ... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Costochondritis: Common cause of pain you are describing would be costochondritis. This is a condition that comes about because of inflammation between your rib and yo... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
Most likely there is inflammation of the chest wall, costochondral inflammation, if you are otherwise healthy. A local heating pad may provide relief.... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Chest wall strain: Just like other parts of your body, the rib cage has muscles, nerves and connective tissue. There is also a joint of sorts where the rib meets the br... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Luis Taylor
A Verified Doctoranswered
Pulmonology 40 years experience
Any lump: should be investigated. Please see you physician as soon as possible for a thorough history and physical exam.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership