U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Stinging feeling in chest

A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
I am sorry: but this can't be diagnosed with the available information.
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Likely not heart but: Chest pain is nothing to ignore! The potential origin of your symptoms includes: heart, lungs, mediastinum, esophagus, musculoskeletal, pericardium (s... Read More
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Texidor's: This is almost always the "twinge" or "stitch", probably a transient wrinkling of the pleura.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Vance Harris
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Broken heart: I don't think anyone can tell you exactly why some people feel it in that location but maybe that's where the saying comes from of a "broken heart". S... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Stachler
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Chest stjnging: The turbinates are not likely causing the wheezing in the chest or the stinging pain in the chest. Did you have a recent viral infection ? It can be... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gregory Gilbert
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Odd type of pain: Doesn't sound too concerning. Sounds more like nerve type pain? Hard to say from the description. Seems like you have already seen a physician for ... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
It could be from your hiatal hernia and should get better. Take your medicine for esophago-gastritis. take liquids for a day and if not better see you... Read More
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alan Heldman
Cardiology 34 years experience
Chest pain emergency: If you have chest discomfort which lasts for more than a few minutes and is concerning to you, you should seek immediate medical attention. There are... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Shaun Weaver
Specializes in Family Medicine
ECG: Yes most PCPs have the capability to perform ECG in the office. That would be a more appropriate starting point to evaluate your symptoms unless you ... Read More
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Chest pain: This is probably pleurisy or chest wall pain. Continue with fluids and ibuprofen. This should improve in a week. If fever, cough then get checked. Al... Read More
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Deborah Josefson
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
Urgent evaluation: Chest pain associated with nausea, weakness and dizziness needs to be evaluated urgently in order to rule out a myocardial infarct or other cardiac or... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gregory Fehr
Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
Chest pain: Try some antacid, like Maalox or rolaids.If that doesn't work you should consult your ER for a xray and EKG
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership