U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Scratched the white part of my eye

A female asked:
Dr. Valerie Hines
Pediatrics 18 years experience
Corneal abrasion: You might want to go to be seen by a doctor/ophthalmologist so they can check if you have a corneal abrasion (a scratch in the outer layer of your eye... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctoranswered
46 years experience
Let'sSeeEyeToEye: You'd best go get it looked at. Cats have stuff on their teeth and claws that can cause a problem relatively quickly. So before anything goes wrong ge... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 59 years experience
Scratched eye: if you mean the cornea got scratched you will need to get to you Ophthalmologist or an ER for care. If the white part means the conjunctiva then you ... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Have it looked at: Injuries to the eye require prompt attention. Although they can heal on their own, it is always safer to have the eye evaluated and treated to preven... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Irritation. : The visibility and prominence of that vessel may merely represent irritation, either from an object thereupon or from your scratching. But if this sen... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Gary Reiter
Specializes in Ophthalmology
Compresses as needed: If the swelling or bleeding is minimal, then use cold compresses for 48 hours and the warm compresses after that while it heals. If the swelling and r... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alexandrr Lakowsky
Internal Medicine 21 years experience
See eye doctor: This may represent corneal abrasion and you should see your ophthalmologist soon
A member asked:
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Probably : As long as you have felt resolution of your discomfort and no change in vision, you probably have done nothing more than pinched and broke a small blo... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Need to be seen!: A white dot one the cornea overlying the iris typically is an ulcer. You need to be seen urgently. And have it looked at and treated by an ophthalmol... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. George R Valentini
Plastic Surgery 53 years experience
Corneal abrasion: You most likely have a corneal abrasion. You must consult with an ophtalmologist because if not treated this could cause permanent scarring. The eye ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership