U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Redness on top of foot

A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Amy Degirolamo
Podiatry 21 years experience
Depends: It could be something called petechial (small spots of blood under the skin). It can be due to extensive swelling, heart or circulation problems, infe... Read More
Dr. Richard Polisner
Podiatry 52 years experience
Usually allergy: Most commonly an allergy to shoes or socks or laundry detergent or soap. There are other possible causes and if they've been around for a while need ... Read More
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tom Harrington
Internal Medicine 43 years experience
Ganglion cyst: Look up synovial cyst or ganglion cyst that occurs on tendons esp the wrist. It should not be that red though.
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Podiatry 25 years experience
Athletes foot: This may be athletes foot but can not diagnose without seeing, it may be a bacterial or fungual infection. See your doctor.
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Lesion: Sorry, it would be difficult to try to identify what this is without at least visualizing it. It you are not comfortable with the input you received -... Read More
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Unsure? Easy to fix.: To remove all doubt, cut it out. How simple is that. Quite frankly, can one ever be sure until the identification is made.
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Time to move!!: It certainly sounds like a pretty good description of cellulitis. The proximal cause needs to be uncovered. A trip to your local surgery is needed to ... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Too old for wart...: Red hard lumps between the 4th and 5th toes are usually caused by the underlying bones being pushed together. The result is the formation of an interd... Read More
A 54-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 44 years experience
Allergy: You could have shoe allergy. See your dermatologist for treatment and evaluation to get the correct diagnosis and treatment.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Many possibilities : Could be a contact dermatitis, fungus, abscess. If there is a pus pocket i would see your doctor and if it spreads but had to diagnose without seeing ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Nondiagnostic: A red blotch is not enough of a description required to make a diagnosis. One would like to know the size, shape, flatness or raised configuration,whe... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 15 years experience
Not related: The spot could be a range of things from rash, allergic reaction, blister, birth mark, etc. There may not be a connection to foot cramping other tha... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry 15 years experience
Bug bite?: Could be a bug bite, do you have a picture?
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership