U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Recurring skin tear on mons pubis

A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laila Alamgir
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
Possible STI: Painful bumps on the genitals most likely mean a sexually transmitted infection. It could be herpes, genital warts, or chancroid/bacterial infection. ... Read More
Dr. Mohammad Shahzad
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Skin infection: most likely staph (MRSA) infection. Will need antibiotics
A female asked:
Dr. Alan Steinbach
Specializes in Family Medicine
Time to go...: a small recurrent tender spot might be an oil gland that's starting to get infected, or even the beginnings of something worse. Probably the safest t... Read More
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Laura Garabedian
Adolescent Medicine 38 years experience
Dry skin: you can try applying mupuricin ointment to that area after washing well.
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See your doctor.: Let your doctor take a look and test for signs of infection or inflammation.
A 39-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 55 years experience
Genital pain: In males, this pain may be caused by urethritis, an inflammation of the canal in the penis. In women, "mons pubis pain" may occur with a lesion on th... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laura Armas-Kolostroubis
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
Ingrown hair: Without examining it is most likely an ingrown hair. If when raised was red or felt tender it cold have been a small infection. If it recurs have an O... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Geisler
Gynecologic Oncology 28 years experience
Bumps: It is hard to judge based on just your description. It could be dry skin but it also could be an infection like folliculitis or molluscum contagiosum.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Needs to be seen: Lumps, bumps, blisters and other skin abnormalities on the genitals need to be evaluated. An examination will be needed to know the cause and treatmen... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
Don't be embarrassed: And show the physician your mole. It is the smart thing to do. I'm sure that he/she has seen many lesions on the mons pubis. Good luck!
A female asked:
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Get it examined: You need to have a GYN MD exam this area as many "non healing" infections have a sinus tract as a pathway to the source of the infection that needs to... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership