U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Rashes that look like hickeys

A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Rash: Hickey type rash may be a symptom of a bigger problem. It is best to see a dermatologist for evaluation and treatment.
A member asked:
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 24 years experience
Take her to Doctor: Hickeys are bruise like marks caused by suckling the skin (aggressive kissing) until small blood vessels burst under the skin. She needs to be evalua... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Doctor can evaluate: Rashes are hard to describe and diagnose in words. A pediatrician or other primary care doctor, or a dermatologist, can examine to tell what it is. If... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
See a dermatologist: Not possible to diagnose or treat this without an exam to get an idea about what it is.
A female asked:
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Internal Medicine 42 years experience
Hard to say: Need to see the rash to give an informed answer. You could consider submitting several clear photos of the rash in a virtual consult sent to a dermato... Read More
A 16-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 26 years experience
Local trauma: A hickey is a discolored area on the skin that results when small blood vessels break under the skin, causing a type of bruise (purpura). The appeara... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Chris Sadeh
Emergency Medicine 21 years experience
The most likely : cause would be a candidal skin infection. It is a bit puzzling that it does not itch or irritate at all. A quick look by a physician is probably i... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Allergic: dermatitis- may be due to foods, cosmetics, systemic allergies or underlying medical conditions. i suggest formal allergy and skin testing.
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Rash: This would require in-person assessment for accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Bruises: The amount of bruising may also be affected by medications which interfere with blood clotting (and thus cause more bleeding into the skin or tissues)... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership