Top answers from doctors based on your search:

psyllium husk long term use

Dr. Steven Chmielewski
29 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
Yes.: It's not habit forming and is an excellent source of fiber.

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
46 years experience Radiation Oncology
Dr. Dean Giannone
1
Dr. Rashid Khan
No, It's good for yo: No in fact it is beneficial for health. It relieves the symptoms of constipation and hemorrhoids and it prevents against colon cancer.
8
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Safe: it is a plain plant derived fiber not different than the fiber in vegetables but a bit more easily packaged.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Fine to take: There is no safety issue with psyllium. Coffee also helps to get the train moving. Enjoy your morning express .
1
Dr. Philip Woodworth
24 years experience General Surgery
2
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Valencia Porter
20 years experience Holistic Medicine
No: Psyllium is a seed and the seed and husk (outer shell) is used as a source of soluble fiber. It is not a grain.
1
Dr. Anna Flor Salcedo
See below: It is a naturalsource of fiber, it bulks uo the stool.To hrlp with good bowel movement. Need to take it with adequate water.
1