Top answers from doctors based on your search:

my wife is experiencing dizziness and vertigo

A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Stachler
30 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Dizziness: I would take her to see an ENT doctor. He or she can sort out this problem very nicely. Good luck. Feel better.
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 54-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mark Fisher
33 years experience Neurology
Please clarify: 1) “Dizzy” is meaningless without qualification. It can mean a dozen different things. What do YOU mean? 2) Atrophy can’t be “advanced” & “mild to ... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
56 years experience Endocrinology
Wife sick: you need to sign up your wife here and then we can discuss. Hope she is doing better.
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
22 years experience Family Medicine
See her doctor..: We all get some dizziness at some point in our lives, but having frequent symptom is not normal. She may have low blood pressure, carotid vessel or ba ... Read More
1 thank
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
51 years experience Neurology
Possible : You could have many inner ear issues, and meniere's is but one. See an otolaryngologist as testing can result in correct diagnosis and treatment. Ho ... Read More
1 thank
A 46-year-old female asked:
Dr. Frederick Nahm
26 years experience Neurology
Dizziness: The head symptoms you are describing are concerning. A sense of impending loss of consciousness is never normal, and workup should include some form ... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Vestibulitis: or inner ear infection, fluid accumulation or stones in your semicircular canals result in irritation of the vestibular nerve. You should be checked f ... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Earle
30 years experience General Surgery
Could be many things: Vertigo, dehydration, inner ear problems, or primary neurological problems are all on the list. If this is bothersome, or persistent, see a primary ca ... Read More
1 thank
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Chris Oh
Dr. Chris Oh answered
20 years experience Internal Medicine
Many things: Most likely something benign such as viral labyrinthitis but could be something more serious such as intracranial mass. If symptoms do not resolve you ... Read More
5 thanks
A 53-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience Cardiology
Could be normal: If you usually have low bp, those vital signs can be entirely normal. If the BP is low for you, it suggests that you're not eating and drinking enoug ... Read More
2 thanks
A 42-year-old female asked:
37 years experience Family Medicine
Needs to be checked: There can be several reasons. He needs to be evaluated by a doctor and ave blood tests and an electrocardiogram performed.
A 78-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
911 Now if Sudden: Sudden onset vomiting and dizziness in a 73 yo is potentially a medical emergency since it could signal the onset of a brain bleed. If vomiting is sud ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience Family Medicine
Several: Several things could be culprits, many of which are potentially dangerous. You need to see your doctor as soon as possible.
1 thank
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
Not enough info: Your symptoms are not specific and there is no way to even guess what you have. See a doctor and find out.
A female asked:
Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
24 years experience Ophthalmology
Wooziness: Your sensation may be due to many things: dehydration (be sure drinking 64oz h20 each day), diet related food sensitivities, migraines/headaches, anxi ... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nidal Hasan
25 years experience Endocrinology
Yes : You may have lybrinthitis and possibly otitis media . You may need antibiotic therapy please see Your doctor
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience Endocrinology
Worried: Yes you should be worried and you must see your doctor as soon as possible. If there is a delay please go to the nearest Emergency room.
1 thank
A 60-year-old member asked:
Dr. Farhad Sigari
19 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Vertigo is a symptom: Vertigo is a symptom, not a disease. It describes dizziness in which you feel the room is spinning around you as opposed to being unsteady. There are ... Read More
10 thanks
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Chandler
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Get medical help: There are many things that can cause this, but with acute symptoms like this, it would not be inappropriate to visit an er. Possible causes include se ... Read More
2 thanks
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
51 years experience Neurology
Depends on cause: Migraine might explain all your symptoms. Many approaches exist to control this issue. Other problems may be present instead. Have your doctor eval ... Read More
1 thank
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ronen Elefant
12 years experience Critical Care
Go to ER: This sounds like it could be serious, go get evaluated at your local emergency room immediately. At the very least sounds like she needs IV fluids and ... Read More
1 comment
1 thank
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Walter Husar
32 years experience Neurology
Can all be symptoms: Of migraine headache, especially ocuuring together, best to discuss with your doctor.
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Hundreds of Possible: She needs to be seen and evaluated by her physician today. Don't you think? There are too many possibilities and some of them are very serious. Take ... Read More
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ronan Monsef
Specializes in Family Medicine
Many: Medical issues can cause dizziness. Some of them serious others can be resolved easily. If your having dizziness it's important to get checked out by ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits