U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

My son keeps twitching

A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Psychiatry 37 years experience
I would certainly: Want his pediatrician to see him for an evaluation, but your worrying about it won't help you or your son.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 48 years experience
I'd check with the: General pediatrician first, but escalate to a pediatric neurologist before imaging. He needs a thorough exam to make sure these are not something to w... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 34 years experience
Several things poss: What does your pediatrician say? Getting a pediatric neurologist to take a look at your son would be a good first step and then, they could potential... Read More
Dr. William Singer
Pediatric Neurology 52 years experience
See a neurologist: Your child should see a neurologist. It is possible that he has Rolandic seizures.
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Hand Surgery 36 years experience
Muscle twitch: Muscle twitching is caused by minor muscle contractions in the area, or uncontrollable twitching of a muscle group that is served by a single motor ne... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Ham
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
Twitching!: Not sure what below the sternum means (this is the center of your chest). Sounds like the eyelids are fluttering or "twitching", this is usually caus... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Pratip Nag
Pediatrics 19 years experience
May be developing a : Tic disorder. He should be checked out by his physician and then if it is a tic disorder he should be referred to a psychologist who can treat tic dis... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Go to Dr. : Today. There are multiple things going on here that may or may not be related, but your baby is only 10 weeks old and I think an evaluation is indica... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Daniel Rosenblum
Specializes in Hematology and Oncology
See Neurologist: Sounds like your son had a seizure. It also sounds like he had a lot of tests, some not done in emergency room (EEG, sleep study). The doctor who te... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bryan Levey
Pediatrics 28 years experience
Next appointment: As long as he's eating well, wetting well, stooling well, gaining weight, and otherwise appears normal. I always advise new parents that newborns may... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
No easy solution: One who makes repeated noises or rolls his eyes or twitches his face, may have tics, which are exaggerated habits. Of course, he might have allergies... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership