Top answers from doctors based on your search:

my sister is hiv postive and my dog gets into the trash and eats her used tampons it it possible for my dog to contract hiv and or give it to me

Dr. Lonna Larsh
1
Dr. Daniel Lee
2

Dr. Robert Grindstaff
37 years experience Addiction Medicine
The risk is nil: as your possible exposure was dealt with quickly.
1
Dr. John Leander Po
17 years experience Infectious Disease
No risk: You immediately washed your hands and you did not mention any cuts or other points of entry through the skin- you don't have a risk.
1
Dr. Jeffrey Unger
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
No: You should be fine. You would need to have damaged tissue and a high viral load to acquire HIV. Relax!
1
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Cindy Juster
35 years experience Pediatrics
Please see Dr.: You need to get checked for all STD's, not just HIV. In the future, to avoid the stress you're now facing, 100% condom use is important.
A male asked:
48 years experience Pathology
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
1
43 years experience Pathology
1
Dr. Katharine Cox
44 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
1
Dr. Camilla Graham
26 years experience Infectious Disease
Dr. Christopher Cirino
22 years experience Infectious Disease
1