Top answers from doctors based on your search:

my feet hurt after walking on a treadmill

A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Barry Klein
39 years experience Podiatry
Sometimes: It depends on foot type, structure, fat pad, weight, age, etc.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 69-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kevin Martin
27 years experience General Practice
Sore foot: If it's one foot you probably have plantar fasciitis or a heal spur (or both) if both feet hurt when walking you need to have your circulation eval ... Read More
A 69-year-old male asked:
Dr. Harvey Schecter
48 years experience Family Medicine
Podiatry referral: Ask your doctor for a podiatry referral.
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Lauren Elson
15 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Good foot evaluation: The problem with foot pain is that when your feet hurt, it causes you to avoid activity, leading to whole body deconditioning. This can have consequen ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Srikanth Mahavadi
Specializes in Podiatry
Change foot gear: with your compensatory gait changes to avoid irritation of the injured skin on the Achilles you are straining your calf muscles. Wear comfortable wedg ... Read More
1 thank
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
See a foot doc: After 5 months the fracture should of healed. If it healed in a bad position it is possible some arthritis may have veloped, or a spurring etc . A pod ... Read More
1 thank
A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
22 years experience Family Medicine
Plantar fasciitis: You may have plantar fasciitis based on the presentation. Usually, pain is located in the heel, usually, where the heel and the arch merge. First thin ... Read More
1 thank
A 46-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bruce Prager
41 years experience Sports Medicine
Knee Crepitus: We call crunching in the knee crepitus. It usually comes from problems under the kneecap. If the pain is located right in the center of the knee the ... Read More
3 thanks
A 74-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ali Elkhalil
21 years experience Podiatry
Modification : reinforce your arches and new balance shoe gear
A member asked:
Dr. Stephen Arbes
43 years experience Podiatry
Try this: Arch pain, especially after walking, is very common and many times responds to simple arch supports. There are, of course, many other possibilities an ... Read More
1 thank
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
31 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Yes, as tolerated: After initial rest, ice, compression and elevation, ankle rehabilitation involves moving the ankle. Initially the up and down motion akin to pressing ... Read More
1 thank
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Blake Miller
12 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Not surprising: Third- degree burns are high-grade patial thickness burns that commonly damage the nerves. This numbness that you're getting is not surprising. It is ... Read More
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Trochanteric bur-: -sitis is a common problem. If it hurts 2 push on the prominence of the hip at the side as well as trouble sleeping on that side, it's a good bet that ... Read More
1 thank
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
12 years experience Podiatry
Stop Running: With any strain or injury, it's very important to rest the affected foot. There may be a tendon or ligament injury and with further running it could w ... Read More
2 thanks
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Susan Madonna
20 years experience Family Medicine
Ankle sprain : Most likely, your fall resulted in a sprain, and fracture is much less likely but always possible. Sprains are a soft tissue injury that always seem t ... Read More
1 thank
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Michalski
35 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Knee pain: Generally speaking, the treadmill should be helpful for your knees, unless you have some underlying problem with them such as meniscal tears, ligament ... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Ew Christensen
27 years experience Family Medicine
Hip pain: Sounds like you have over-used it or you have an acute injury. Get ice on it and rest - if the pain continues, get in for evaluation. Take care.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronald Oberman
30 years experience Podiatry
See below: Shoes usually provide more cushion and support than barefoot: especially on hard services. Be careful on harder surfaces such as tile. If condition pe ... Read More
2 thanks
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
See details: Ice the knees and don't run the stairs.
A 57-year-old female asked:
Dr. James McClurg
34 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Try : Try stretching out before activity.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Polisner
50 years experience Podiatry
Pronation: Owl. At age 28 your feet should not be hurting even with reasonable workout. Flat feet can usually be easily accommodated with otc properly cushioned ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Linda Callaghan
52 years experience Addiction Medicine
Don't worry.: Did you kneel on a hard floor? Do your knees hurt? If not, i wouldn't worry about it at all.
1 thank
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
37 years experience Internal Medicine
Glass/ ice /ft swell: Go to ER today. You likely are infected and need antibiotics.
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Keshab Paudel
18 years experience Internal Medicine
Normal: It happens to everyone, but if this is unusually intractable then needs an evaluation.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits