Top answers from doctors based on your search:

mosquito bite looks like a bruise

Dr. Martin Raff
56 years experience Infectious Disease
Dr. Kathryn Ko
34 years experience Neurosurgery
2
Dr. Gregory Gilbert
23 years experience Emergency Medicine
4

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
57 years experience Allergy and Immunology
See doctor: If you live in an area known to have Lyme disease problem, best to consult your doctor to get treated for it just in case.
1
Dr. Julan Crane
25 years experience Pediatrics
Insect bites : Since it's getting worse you should get it examined
1
Dr. Anita Sinha
17 years experience Pediatrics
It may be: A small staph infection rather than a bite. You could try applying warm compress to the area and then have her seen if there's no improvement.
Dr. John Ebner
18 years experience Dermatology
1
Dr. Lisa Roazen
18 years experience Emergency Medicine
1
25 years experience Psychiatry
That can occur.: I believe one reason that mosquito bites turn purple may be that the female mosquito deposits saliva that contains anticoagulants in the skin.
25 years experience Psychiatry
Dr. Sarah Kohl
35 years experience Travel Medicine
4
25 years experience Psychiatry
1