U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Is a urethral discharge a symptom of kidney stones

A 23-year-old member asked:
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis
Water: The best way to prevent damage from kidney stones is preventign them therefore drinking atleast 2 to 3 liters of water will help. If you already hav... Read More
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Usually do not: Kidney stones small enough to pass down the ureter & into bladder are much smaller than caliber of urethra & thus do not cause damage to the urethra. ... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bruce J. Stringer
Radiology 48 years experience
By urinating: Drink lots of fluids and let nature take her course. At least for a woman, you're only dealing with a 1" urethra. Men have to pass through the prostat... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Malini Shah
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 33 years experience
Ureteric stone: Small renal stone may or may not be felt passing through female urethra since it is short and straight. Also depends on orientation and shape of stone... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Should pass: Unusual for 3mm stone not to pass. Interesting you know diameter of stone without seeing a urologist; must have had a ct scan. Hope you are straining ... Read More
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Michaels
Urology 54 years experience
Ureteral: You are referring to a ureteral stent. It is placed through a cystoscope.How do you know this is what you need. If you know you have a stone go to a u... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology 33 years experience
I'm unclear: Do you mean white discharge from the urethra or vagina?
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Cystoscopy. : If a stone was broken up, you may be passing some fragments of the stone, and as such you may feel some symptoms. But if this occurs for more than 2-3... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
No: If you mean brown vaginal discharge, that is not due to the kidney stone. Please consult a urologist for treatment of kidney stone. It may be feasible... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alan Strumeyer
34 years experience
Ureter: More than likely the worse pain is when the stone is passing down the ureter and into bladder. You may get some pain or discomfort urinating the sto... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Fletcher Derrick
Urology 64 years experience
Yep!: Happens frequently. You may even feel it. Check with your urologist if you can’t void. I have had to cystoscope patients and remove the stone or frag... Read More