Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

if my son has swallowed several plastic puzzle pieces then will i need to do anything to get it out

A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Probably not: Kids often swallow foreign material of various textures and toxicity.If a simple puzzle piece or two made it down to the stomach & didn't hang up in t ... Read More
1
1 thank
Dr. Anifat Balogun
28 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Foreign Body : I'd tend to err on the side of caution and start by seeing your pediatrician for evaluation and advice. What will happen depends on your son's age, a ... Read More
Dr. David Ziring
21 years experience Pediatric Gastroenterology
Depends: On how big they are and whether they have sharp edges, and whether he becomes symptomatic with drooling or vomiting or pain. He should be evaluated i ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin answered
29 years experience Geriatrics
Depends . . .: How close are you to your hospital? Conservative answer is to take any child who's swallowed a potentially dangerous foreign object to his doctor/hosp ... Read More
1
1 thank
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Confusing question: You are not clear which end of the fork was swallowed, but do say the kid is now swallowing fine. This small piece could hang in the stomach exit and ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sari Nabulsi
Specializes in Pediatrics
Glitter: i doubt it will cause any problems, unless she chocked on it.
Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
No worried: It might make for some interesting diaper changes though!
A male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
This to shall pass: This is neither unusual or worrisome. These will pass in the poop within 3-4 days with little or no impact on his system. One trick I use for metallic ... Read More
1
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
It will pass: If he can drink fluids without choking it has made it into the stomach. It will pass through his system over the next few days without problems.
1
1 thank
A female asked:
Dr. Richard Arden
36 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Your : Your complaint, unfortunately, can not legitimately be addressed without a more thorough history and proper clinical exam as well as possible modified ... Read More
2
2 thanks
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stephen Southard
14 years experience Internal Medicine
It could be: Harmful, as if it was sharp, it could have damaged your intestinal tract ranging from your esophagus all the way to your colon. But if it was a very ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Plastic "cancer": I think it highly unlikely that this would happen. A "bit of plastic" would go straight down your throat without concern.
1
1 thank
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Doubt they would try: It is not unusual for foreign material to scrape or irritate the swallowing apparatus during ingestion. Most of these pass to the stomach and eventual ... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marsha Davis
27 years experience Internal Medicine
Which part?: Is it rough and hard? If so you should rob ably contact your pediatrician . Meanwhile check all the poops to see if it passes an there is no blood or ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month