U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I injured my hand and want to soak it but have no epsom salt

A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Laura Anissian
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Infected or not?: I am unclear as to whether your toenail is bothering you because it is infected or just not nice to look at? It should grow out again in time. Dependi... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 20 years experience
You : You may be dealing with a fungal infection. Try an over the counter anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole; you can apply the cream twice a day for a wee... Read More
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 37 years experience
Moisturizer : Avoid immersion of your hands in water p, apply a fragrance free moisturizer several times per day and continue to apply hydrocortisone cream three ti... Read More
A 24-year-old member asked:
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice 32 years experience
REST, ICE, SPLINT: You probably have a 'wrist strain'. The best thing to do is ice (wrapped in thin cloth) for 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off (to prevent thermal burn). A... Read More
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Hand Surgery 26 years experience
May help: Soaks help with the swelling and pain. You might also consider using a splint or anti-inflammatory medication. If pain persists more than a few days y... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gary Pess
Hand Surgery 41 years experience
Ice and Xray: Ice, elevate and get an Xray to see if anything was broken. A Hand Surgeon can help.
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - rheumatology 22 years experience
See below: You may need to but you may want to consider having repeat imaging or a MRI to better evaluate your pain.
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Walter Husar
Neurology 34 years experience
Localized nerve inj: Your description is very suggestive of localized nerve pain, due to the damage of the nerve due to the crush injury.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
Yes it could: Be fracture. You could also have compartment syndrome. Show it to a doctor for proper treatment to avoid permanent damage.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Steven Hill
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Be seen: By all means you should at least make an appoint with your family practice physician and be evaluated. Many things can cause this including developmen... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Janiece Stewart
Sports Medicine 21 years experience
See MD: Recommend seeing your doctor for further evaluation. If you're still having significant pain, it's possible you may have broken your finger or torn t... Read More
A 56-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Probably NOT : an "artery" but the rupture of a small vein ..ELEVATE...COMPRESS ...ICE......and visit an urgent care center if the swelling gets worse. Hope this is ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership