Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I hit my big toe and half of the nail turned black i peeled it off because it was hurting me what do i do

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Treat as wound: Treat the open wound as you would a cut with neosporin and cover to protect it. Then wait for the toenail to slowly grow back out.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 19 years experience
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See a doctor: You need to be examined to make sure there is no infection or even the possibility of a fracture from the stubbed toel.
Dr. Sanjay Patel
Podiatry 32 years experience
You can trim the: loose nail carefully as long as there is no redness or drainage near the nail or surrounding the nail, in that case seek help from a foot specialist
Dr. Sung ho Bae
Podiatry 19 years experience
Fungal nail: Most likely a fungal infection. If the black color is under the nail it's probably blood. Either way I would see your doctor soon.
Dr. Stephen Gold
Specializes in Family Medicine
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Podiatrist: Or dermatologist. If you can, cut the nail back as far as you can.
Dr. Curtis Wong
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Dr. Karen Butler
Wait: Just wait until the new nail grows in
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 37 years experience
Pathology 49 years experience