U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I have plantar fasciitis will I need crutches

A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Bromson
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Usually not: Unless the plantar fasciitis is so severe that you can't bear weight, or if you fail conservative treatment and need surgery, crutches are generally n... Read More
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 40 years experience
Usually not: Most of the time the symptoms can be calmed with ice, stretching and nsaids. Sometimes therapy and shoes inserts can be helpful. Most patients with th... Read More
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 13 years experience
Not likely.: Most cases of plantar fasciitis can be controlled with conservative combination treatment. The more you can do together, the better: #1: supportive sh... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 32 years experience
See below: Ice, heat, taping, anti-inflammatory medication, injections, stretching and physical therapy are all considerations. Ultimately better foot support is... Read More
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
Conservative: Treatment is best to start. Stretching, night slints, orthotics, should help. If pain persists see your podiatrist.
Dr. Peter Nefcy
Radiology 40 years experience
Poorly: Unfortunately, the current recommended treatments are inconsistent and unreliable. Some patients respond to one kind of therapy or another, and othe... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry 41 years experience
Plantar faciitis: Stretching and nsaids ( aleve, (naproxen) ibuprofen, etc ) are the treatments you can do at home.....If that does not resolve the issue... See a speci... Read More
Dr. Oliver Wang
Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery 11 years experience
Multiple ways: Treatment requires a combination of stretching, icing, physical therapy, anti-inflammatories, change in shoegear and custom made orthotics that are we... Read More
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
few ways: Good supportive shoes or arch supports. If the fascia is "stressed" whether by a degenerative process or inflammation it needs to be supported while a... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 43 years experience
Well it is common: and you certainly could. There are Physical therapy recommendations for this which are easy to google. Or you could see a health care provider for an ... Read More
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
Yes: Often treatment and physical therapy will help to eradicate the problem. In a small percentage of people surgery may be required.
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Not so Simple....: There is at least a dozen acceptable ways of treating plantar fasciitis. When used in combination the treatment regimens can be quite extensive, but m... Read More
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Orthopedic Surgery 17 years experience
Yes: There is no evidence that would suggest you should not exercise with plantar fasciitis. In fact with proper stretching regimen prior to exercise, you... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Doug Mason
Podiatry 34 years experience
Seek a podiatrist: Many other questions need to be asked in order to answer this.....how long have you had it? activity level? past treatments? shoe styles? There are cl... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Bromson
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Lots of things: Most cases of plantar fasciiitis will get better with time. Things that help include comfortable shoes; heel cups or orthotic devices, activity modif... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 50 years experience
Yes: It is very common, could effect both male and female during middle age.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership