Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I have a small lump above my belly button

Dr. Carson Liu
33 years experience General Surgery
Hernia: It might be a hernia or the beginning of diastasis recti. A surgeon can evaluate and remedy the problem.

Dr. Shadia Constantine
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Dr. Robert Uyeda
44 years experience General Surgery
Dr. Katharine Cox
44 years experience Pediatric Emergency Medicine
1
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience Infectious Disease
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Press: The important question is "why are you pressing a belly button"? If there is a good reason could you please let me know.
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Umbilical hernia: Especially if it gurgles or makes a squishy sound if you try to push it in.
Dr. Ira Friedlander
41 years experience Cardiac Electrophysiology
When lumps and bumps: change in character (i.e. become painful) it is always a worrisome issue. Make an appointment with a health care provider for evaluation.
1
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Belly button: You could possibly have an ulcer but you may have another polyp.Consult your doctor or gastroenterologist for immediate evaluation.
1