U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

I fell on my back and now my head hurts

A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
Variety of causes: There are many possible reasons which include possibilities such as teeth grinding (bruxism) as well as temporal arteritis or vasculitis or migraines ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Do not truly understand how striking your head "on the water" would cause a "brain bleed", but since you appear concerned, contact your physician, and... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Head pain: Issues effecting the back muscles and muscles on the back of the neck can cause tension to build in muscles in the back of the head. This can cause in... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Exam needed: After head injuries, post traumatic headaches are common but don't usually last this long. Your frequent head discomfort warrants an evaluation by a n... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. Christopher Smith
Family Medicine 42 years experience
Pain neck: pinched cervical nerve Occiput/ C1 trapping greater Occipital nerve----will give you headaches base of skull or along the side of the head to the f... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Needs to be checked: Persistant headache following any fall needs to be evaluated with detailed history of the fall and physical examination and you may or may not need a ... Read More
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Asher Turney
Occupational Medicine 20 years experience
This is very serious: This could be something serious like a subdural or epidural hematoma. It could be a skull fracture or a concussion. Since this type of injury can get ... Read More
A 16-year-old male asked:
Dr. Carrie Cannon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Syncope: If you fainted, you need to be seen by a physician ASAP to rule out cardiac and neurological problems. While there, you can be examined, have your nec... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Steven Simon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 39 years experience
Pain isn't concussio: Pain where you hit your head is normal. Concussion causes changes in vision, thoughts, alertness, or sensorium. Can't say you don;t without exam, but ... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctoranswered
Trauma Surgery 51 years experience
Tylenol (acetaminophen) works: Also try short term ibuprofen or naprosyn (naproxen). If pain persists > 3-4 days see PCP for questionable fracture.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership