Top answers from doctors based on your search:

how does toothpaste help boils

Dr. David Mjos
43 years experience Dentistry
No: Never heard of this for treating a boil.
Dr. Thomas Marxen
35 years experience Periodontics
Thanks for asking!: To my knowledge there are no research articles on this subject. I would not advise it!
Dr. Jerry Hu
Dr. Jerry Hu answered
22 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
1

Dr. Roman Bronfenbrener
8 years experience Dermatology
6
Dr. Jack Binder
Specializes in Dentistry
Dr. Gilberto Nunez
17 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
No: You need to see a doctor for that, you can clean the area with peroxide or alcohol in the interim.
1
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
3
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
32 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Possibly.: I don't know for sure, but I have heard the same thing. It couldn't hurt to try!
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
24 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Warm yes: Not sure about toothpaste. But definitely moist heat.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
56 years experience Dermatology
NO: In fact it is not much help for anything. If you have boils, especially chronic, best see a dermatologist.
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
No : They should be treated drained by your doctor.
1
Dr. Steven Bowers
Warm soaks: Warm soaks may bring the boil to drain spontaneously. If not go to the emergency department for a procedure to drain it. You may need antibiotics.
1
10
Dr. David Voron
50 years experience Dermatology
2
24 years experience Psychiatry
No: Don't pop it. Apply warm compresses. An abscess may require medical intervention.
Dr. Lisa Roazen
17 years experience Emergency Medicine
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
It might: I would see your dermatologist for evaluation and to discuss treatment options.