U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Fluid filled bubble in mouth

A female asked:
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Likely a mucus: Cyst, which is harmless.If it lasts longer than a week, have your doctor or dentist have a quick look.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Mucocele: It sounds like what we call a mucocele with is a little sac filled with mucus as a result of a blocked minor salivary gland. They often resolve on the... Read More
Dr. Ron E. Bell
Cosmetic Dentistry 46 years experience
Probably a hydrocele: A hydrocele is a clogged serous gland, not draining fully and resulting in the clear fluid. A dental visit will verify what it is, but it may be gone ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Scott Terry
Dentistry 30 years experience
How long?: Are you certain that this hasn't always been in your mouth. It may be the duct to your parotid salivary gland in your cheek. It normally sits on the c... Read More
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Many possibilities: Any good Oral Pathology text book has pages full of answers that match your question. It's probably innocuous, but know that any white lesions in the... Read More
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Suspicious bubble?: I would advise you to have the bubble inside your mouth examined by a dentist or dental specialist (e.g. oral surgeon, OFP). Any suspicious bubble tha... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine 38 years experience
Leave it alone: If it is not expanding, and you can bear the pain, if any, the blood will resorb and it should go away on its own. If you break the bubble, it may get... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. John DeWolf
41 years experience
If it recurs..: Get it checked. It is most likely a mucocele which forms from interruption of salivary gland drainage ducts and if it is gone now as implied there isn... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 58 years experience
Bubble in ear.: You need to have someone look in your ear. Tomorrow would be good. Most likely water in ear. Do you swim in Islandton?
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Durando
Dentistry 45 years experience
No: You may have a mucoseal. Like a blister on any surface that gets rubbed to much. Some times when popping the problem goes away. In the mouth trauma(bi... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 38 years experience
All you did was: Convert a closed wound to an open one. Leave them alone, rinse your mouth with warm saline (1 tsp table salt in a quart of water approximates that), ... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. Alfonso Oliva
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Possible Hepes Simpl: Hi AndreA, Has this happened before. What you descrive as "bubbles" are known as vesicles and ususally burst as the infection progresses and then a cr... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Human trick: Babies are orally focused, so if they identify how they did that cool thing and how to repeat it, they'll be self-amusing. Of course, when the grown u... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Ryan
Dentistry 51 years experience
Not serious: Assuming that this is a solitary lesion and not multiple, it is probably due to trauma and is not serious. It is referred to as a hemorrhagic bleb. It... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership