Top answers from doctors based on your search:

dry flaky white skin patches

A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Voron
50 years experience Dermatology
See below: Possibilities include fungus infection, yeast infection, or a condition known as seborrheic dermatitis.
2 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Julie Abbott
44 years experience Preventive Medicine
Dry skin ? eczema: As you do not mention any redness/rash, I doubt this is a fungal problem. It is likely dry skin, perhaps even eczema, a chronic dermatitis often with ... Read More
1 thank
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
Seborrhea: There are many causes, but the most common is seborrhea (or seborrheic dermatitis), especially if your scalp is also dry and/or itchy. A good anti-seb ... Read More
A 34-year-old member asked:
Dr. Paul Cohen
27 years experience Family Medicine
Need more info...: Without visualizing your 'white skin patch' it is difficult to determine what it is exactly. My advice is to have your doctor examine it; and maybe e ... Read More
A 52-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alan Strumeyer
32 years experience Urology
?fungal: More than likely this is a fungal rash (jock itch) but should be looked at by md if no improvement after treatment.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Parul Krishnamurthy
33 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Need pictures: ? Psoriasis, is there a family history? Any other medical issues? Have you tried moisturizers? Limiting soaps?
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
Try: Try taking lukewarm baths and applying 1% Hydrocortisone ointment within 3 minutes after getting out of bath or shower to your skin.
1 thank
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Antoanella Calame
18 years experience Dermatology
See a dermatologist: It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis since I am not there to see the condition. I recommend seeing a dermatologist so that they can make a prope ... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Berger
40 years experience Dermatology
May be yeast: Would go to a dermatologist as may be a non dangerous yeast infection easily removed.
3 thanks
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Tommy Chen
46 years experience Dermatology
Contact derm: Toothpaste, flavored chewing gum, lip balm with sunscreen, lip-licking.
2 thanks
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Cory Annis
28 years experience Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Check it out: Most likely seborrheic dermatitis, but scaling patches on face after 40 should get checked out by your pcp.
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Chevies Newman
21 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Likely: A fungal infection, try lotrimin (clotrimazole) or another fungal cream, if it hurts may have superimposed bacterial infection and need antibiotics. ... Read More
1 thank
A 61-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
22 years experience Family Medicine
Several things..: If this is something new or sort of reccuring in warmer/summer months and fade over winter, occuring on chest/back etc..Likely tinea versicolor (fungu ... Read More
5 thanks
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stephen Southard
14 years experience Internal Medicine
Several things ..: This could be related to more severe seborrheic dermatitis, a fungal infection(tinea capitis) of the scalp, or even psoriasis. It's hard to say witho ... Read More
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
54 years experience Internal Medicine
Seborrheic: Dermatitis. Try Hydrocortisone cream otc.
1 thank
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Pamela Hoffman
39 years experience Integrative Medicine
Athletes foot: Dry between your toes well after you bathe. Buy an OTC spray to control the fungus. Use absorbent- not all cotton socks to wick away perspiration. ... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Martin
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Possibly psoriasis?: Psoriasis can lead to red patches with dry flaky skin on top. It can also be from just excessive wiping when you have an upper respiratory infection. ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jon Fishburn
29 years experience Ophthalmology
Eczema : It's possible that you have eczema affecting your brows and corners of your eyelids. This condition can also affect other parts of your body, like beh ... Read More
2 thanks
A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jack Mutnick
16 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Dermatitis: You need to have a doctor lay eyes and hands on the rash for an appropriate diagnosis. Dermatologist are the skin doctors.
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Frank Kuitems
38 years experience Internal Medicine
Well : Not usually. To diagnose a rash need to see it or take pictures try HealthTap for Doctors for diagnosis and treatment
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Actinic keratosis: An actinic keratosis (ak), also known as a solar keratosis, is a small, rough spot occurring on skin that has been chronically exposed to the sun. Act ... Read More
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
Manmany causes: See dermatologist to discuss treatment options. This could be several things.
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Controlling dandruff: Dandruff (seborrhea) is common. Shampoos with zinc, salicylic acid, selenium, or coal tar are sold in many stores. Nizoral shampoo (contains anti-fung ... Read More
6 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits