U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Cracked skin between buttocks

A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Berman
Dermatology 41 years experience
Could be herpes???: The next time it happens go to your dermatologist and get a culture performed. How you treat it depends on the diagnosis.
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis 31 years experience
Rash: Rash between buttocks is usually ' jock itch' or fungus. Treat with antifungal and steroid ointment for about a mnth
Dr. Neigatha Graney
Pediatrics 38 years experience
Keep Clean And Dry: Chronic chafing due to breakdown of skin caused by daily moisture/heat/bacteria is likely cause of symptoms. Inflamed skin darkens after healing, colo... Read More
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ari Ben-Yishay
36 years experience
Probably lipoma: Usually this is a lipoma (benign fatty deposit). Ask your internist to look at it. Do not just ignore, but probably nothing to worry about.
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Naomi Zilkha
Pediatrics 29 years experience
Yeast infection: Sounds like you might have a yeast infection (aka "Jock itch") in your buttocks area Try keeping the area dry, and try an over the counter cream such... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
One consideration...: ...but since we don't have access to a picture of your lesion(s), we can only advise that you get examined locally ASAP to be sure.
A male asked:
Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 30 years experience
Some Darkening: or other color differences between the buttocks and around the genitals can be normal and changes can occur with age. If this is a recent change, and ... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Herpes simplex: Same way you would treat it anywhere else. You can be treated with an oral version of acyclovir, but unless begun very early in the outbreak it will ... Read More
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Colin Kerr
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Cough 2 back pain: Don't be worried. While it is not particularly common at your age, coughing can be associated with enough pressure on the disks in your back (between ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology 44 years experience
See doctor: See your doctor for an evaluation. May refer you to a neurologist to check your nerve function.
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Joe Lee
Dr. Joe Leeanswered
Specializes in Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
Buttock pain: It could due to an accident or some trauma. The coccyx is in that area and might have been injured. It is not clear if that has occurred from the info... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership