U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Coughing up mucus plug

A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
No: Its a good thing you coughed up a thickened plug of mucous that would obstruct an airway. If you have asthma make sure you are under control
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 52 years experience
Cause: I must admit I do not have a ready answer. That said you have two choices: 1: Have someone take you to the nearest Emergency facility. 2: Contact your... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Yes: You could have BRONCHIECTASIS... an isolated segment of your lung which gets plugged with your ordinary secretions . Since these segments can get infe... Read More
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 38 years experience
Yes: This is not normal, see a pulmonologist or atleast your PCP.
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Milton Mintz
A Verified Doctoranswered
68 years experience
Don't delay: See pcp- coughing up blood needs investigation--get help to quit smoking!
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sokol
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Likely OK: It is not uncommon to have a lingering cough after an upper respiratory infection that can last up to a month. As long as the mucus is mot often clear... Read More
A 57-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Remains effective: I don't want to contribute to discord between you and you're wife. But you're right and she needn't be concerned. It isn't possible to cough more than... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Bronchitis: It sounds like you may have bronchitis. Make sure you stay well hydrated by drinking lots of water and avoiding caffeine, sugary drinks and alcohol. I... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
A Verified Doctoranswered
40 years experience
Cough: I would see a doctor today. May be bronchitis or a pneumonia and with the kidney pain, I would check it out.
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
See a doctor: You should see a doctor so that they can prescribe you some medications that will help you. Blood can sometimes mean that you are causing a type of tr... Read More
A 21-year-old member asked:
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
No: Classic symptoms of your asthma getting cranked up. Time to call and see your physician.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership