U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can you get a pimple under a mole

A 61-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Mcadams
Internal Medicine 24 years experience
Probably nothing.: Pimples are very common and it is probably not related directly to mole removal.
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Pack
General Surgery 32 years experience
Yes: A mole is just an area of skin that has a high concentration of melanocytes or pigmented cells. Other skin gland such as hair follicles or sweat gland... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Coyle Connolly
Dermatology 30 years experience
Pimple: Yes a pimple or cyst may develop under an existing mole. If the mole itself is changing size, color , or shape , and /or the "bump" described does no... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Plastic Surgery 20 years experience
Pimples under a mole: Pimples could occur anywhere on the skin, though more acne prone skin generally is more oily skin.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 30 years experience
You should see a skin doctor, known as a dermatologist. A skin doctor can diagnose and remove your “mole”. Once removed, it can be sent to a lab for f... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jason Bloom
Facial Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
See a Derm : If you have a persistent strange lesion of the skin for over a month, i would recommend having it checked out by a dermatologist. They are able to lo... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
See MD: This may require a biopsy but it may be a skin tag.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Levine
Dermatology 20 years experience
Yes: It is possible but i would have it checked out by a dermatologist to make sure it's not something that needs to be tested/biopsies.
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need for check up: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent ... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
You can always ask: your PCP or skin doctor about this since it requires a physical exam of the moles you're talking about. Also dermatologists do mole mapping to help ke... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership