A 33-year-old female asked:

Hi, i recently developed a mole on my head. it started as a pimple now a mole. please advise on what i can do to get it removed. thank you.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 31 years experience
You should see a skin doctor, known as a dermatologist. A skin doctor can diagnose and remove your “mole”. Once removed, it can be sent to a lab for further testing, if needed. So, see a skin doctor to have it evaluated and removed. Best of luck to you!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 22, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.