Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can lupus affect the spleen

Dr. Ashwin Patel
41 years experience Urgent Care
1

Dr. Morris Westfried
45 years experience Dermatology
1
Dr. Tracy Lovell
20 years experience Rheumatology
2
24 years experience Psychiatry
1
Dr. Richard Orr
43 years experience Surgical Oncology
4
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
50 years experience Rheumatology
Dr. You Sung Sang
30 years experience Gastroenterology
Not upper endoscopy : ... But colonoscopy can theoretically be a little riskier since the splenic flexure of the colon is very close to the spleen.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
48 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
No: Not to my knowledge.
Dr. John Ebner
17 years experience Dermatology
1
Dr. Thomas Namey
47 years experience Rheumatology
Decrease it!: All chronic body illnesses weaken the immune system. Physical and mental--- makes no different. Weakens the immune response!
Dr. Tracy Lovell
20 years experience Rheumatology
See below: Yes. Interstitial cystitis can occur and you may notice that you are more prone to infections.
2
Dr. Michael Thompson
19 years experience Hematology and Oncology
1
Dr. Scott Diede
28 years experience Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Larry Lutwick
48 years experience Infectious Disease
Sure: As an example, the epstein-barr virus that causes classical mononucleosis causes the spleen to enlarge.
1
Dr. Anthony Cusano
39 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
2
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
48 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Three of them: Glomerulonephritis systemic lupus erythematosus type 1 diabetes mellitus.
Dr. Ernest Bordini
31 years experience Clinical Psychology
Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience Cardiology
No: Doctors hate to use the word "never" but it's not a characteristic of dengue fever to affect either the heart or the lungs.
1
2
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
50 years experience Cardiology
Heart disease: If the heart doesn't pump adequate blood to supply the demands of the various organ systems, they don't function normally
1
51 years experience Neurology
48 years experience Pathology
Dr. Warren Wolfe
1
Dr. Rodney Del Valle
35 years experience Anesthesiology
Dr. Dennis Clifford
42 years experience Pulmonary Critical Care
1