Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can I go to work if I have pink eye

Dr. Thomas Wolf
41 years experience Ophthalmology
Not usually: Most are viral ; very contagious. I would recommend you discuss this with your treating physician.

Dr. Elaine Peterson
10 years experience Pediatrics
Dr. Richard Scartozzi
19 years experience Retinal Surgery
Better not.: It is highly contagious. See your eye doctor to check on the health of the eye and he/she can write a letter to excuse you from work.
Dr. Robert Killian
28 years experience General Practice
Conjunctivitis: Nope. This is a highly contagious infection and your co-workers would most likely appreciate you not passing it along.
1
Dr. Walid Abuhammour
38 years experience Pediatrics
No: Wait 24 hours after treatment.
1
Dr. Ziad Akl
Dr. Ziad Akl answered
31 years experience Infectious Disease
Best not to: This could be a viral infection and they can transmit it to kids easily.
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
29 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Crusty eye: If it is one eye, yes it is probably pink eye and you need to see a doctor and it is contagious.
1
Dr. George Valdez
Specializes in Family Medicine
No: Its usually very contagious and would be irresponsible to spread to others.
1
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
36 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Usually : Please check with your employer. If you have redness or discharge,,stay home. Finish the course as prescribed.
1
Dr. Christopher Dowd
1
1
Dr. Richard Wieder
35 years experience Ophthalmology
Contagious pink eye!: Pink eye is usually very contagious, so you should avoid any contact with other people until your eyes are less inflamed and there is no drainage.
1