U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can I go to the er for a uti

A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Nephrology and Dialysis 41 years experience
Need evaluation: This means urinalysis and also need antibiotics, if you have uti. Er is more for emergencies, would go to urgent care or a family doc. Would go to er ... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Luntz
Urology 30 years experience
UTI: You certainly would benefit from having a urine culture and being started on a course of antibiotics. Assuming you have no fever or chills, you can p... Read More
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Back pain: Most likely cause would be a pyelonephritis. If you are not having high fever, nausea or vomiting then urgent care probably nest best step. If high f... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
UTI: You could go to the ER, but they may not treat you because you are underage. Each state has different rules. By all means try to explain the gravity o... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Yu
Urology 27 years experience
Yes...maybe?: If you have a kidney stone and the pain is manageable, then you should be ok. However, if you think you might have an infection, then you should prob... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Rhoades
Family Medicine 49 years experience
Go to the ER: With the recent placement of the IUD, you need to make sure the pain is not secondary to that. The only way to find out is to see a DR and have exam a... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 47 years experience
Uti: Rule out ureteric colic due to kidney stone. Recommend going to ER if pain severe.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Grindstaff
Addiction Medicine 39 years experience
Pain on urination: with pain and burning to urination I would go to the ER as you may have a UTI and it needs to be evaluated.
A member asked:
Dr. Francisco R. Rodriguez
Urology 10 years experience
UTI: You should see your primary care doctor and be tested for uti, he can prescribe antibiotics if necessary.
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
Urine: Have your urine checked either in urgent care or walk in ER. It may be an infection. Often a stone produces mid back pain and vomiting with blood in y... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership