U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Bruised achilles tendon

A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
And that much information was given concerning the straining of your ankle as far as which ligaments were involved. However the bruising is in consequ... Read More
A 17-year-old male asked:
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Those darn ankles: Sounds to me like you have done some degree of damage to the soft tissue that envelops the ankle. There could also be some bone damage. I strongly sug... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Injury: An Achilles tendon tear or even rupture is not uncommon in athletes, dancers, and even regular folks doing routine exercise. See an orthopedic surgeo... Read More
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM
Podiatry 43 years experience
Very difficult : Achilles tendinitis with associated lumps are very difficult to resolve. Chances are you have micro tears but a complete tear is highly unlikely. This... Read More
A 44-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
May: Have achilles tendonitis. This can be caused by over use. I suggest you see a podiatrist.
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeffery VanYperen
Podiatry 13 years experience
Tendinitis: It is true that Cipro (ciprofloxacin) and Levofloxacin can cause tendinitis, especially in the Achilles tendon. They also put your tendons at risk of... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Rothwell
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Torn achilles: You will need to have it surgically repaired. No other option. The recovery is quite lengthy in most cases. The DX is easy and a MRI is needed to d... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a doctor: You will need at least to immobilize it or you may need surgery to repair it.
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Paul Cohen
Family Medicine 29 years experience
Physical therapy: Unfortunately(or fortunately depending on your point of view) most of the treatments for Achilles tendon injuries revolve around a good physical thera... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
Tendonitis: When the tendons are injured in some capacity this is the feeling you get. Ice them and consider heel lifts inside ths hoes about a quarter inch to al... Read More
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Callahan
25 years experience
Calf muscles: The gastrocnemius and soleal muscles become the achilles' tendon at the myotendinous junction. If these muscles are tight you will feel it in the achi... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership