Top answers from doctors based on your search:

blue gray spots on lips

A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Definition: This would be called blue gray spots on lips. For specific evaluation and diagnosis, see oral surgeon.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 61-year-old female asked:
Dr. Linda Spencer
35 years experience Dermatology
Venous lakes: Blue spots on the lips are usually caused by dilated small veins.
3 thanks
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
55 years experience General Surgery
Tell your friend: to stop chewing pan , even with out tobacco from other ingredients are carcinogenic ( cancer producing ) ,bad for oral hygiene , cause gingivitis ,per ... Read More
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joel Doyon
35 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Get a biopsy: Get a referral to an oral surgeon so it can be biopsied, then you can have it removed.
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. John Berryman
53 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yeast infection: Probably a minor concern, but if it persists, or seems to spread, consult a gynecologist.
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
30 years experience Family Medicine
Difficult to tell: Skin issues are extremely difficult to evaluate without actually seeing the skin up close. As such, it is best for you to see your doctor or dermatol ... Read More
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
Marks of maturity: The technical name is "lentigo" (plural: "lentigines"), and they are caused by many short exposures to sunlight over many years. Dermatologists treat ... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jon Fishburn
29 years experience Ophthalmology
Freckles?: Freckles and nevi are the usual pigmentations found on the iris. Also, hamartomas, brushfield spots, lisch nodules, inflammatory nodules, adenomas, xa ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
18 years experience Dermatology
Fordyce spots: What you describe are known as Fordyce spots. These are a variant of sebaceous glands (the glands that normally produce sebum and are usually found wi ... Read More
2 thanks
A 31-year-old male asked:
Dr. Warren Wolfe
57 years experience Family Medicine
Need more info: It is hard to diagnose skin lesions without seeing them . Your best bet is to see your family physician and let him/her make a diagnosis.
A 66-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mark Rausch
23 years experience Emergency Medicine
Venous Lakes: Venous lake (which are also known as "phlebectases"[1]) is a generally solitary, soft, compressible, dark blue to violaceous, 0.2- to 1-cm papule comm ... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Harry Greenberg
26 years experience Dermatology
Dead skin: If the skin is necrosed or dead, it may appear discolored as you mention. Also whatever burned the skin could have left a little bit of a tattoo on t ... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Berger
40 years experience Dermatology
May be yeast: Would go to a dermatologist as may be a non dangerous yeast infection easily removed.
3 thanks
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
48 years experience Pathology
Mucocele: What you described is consistent with a mucocele. Mucus has accumulated in tissue due to injury to a small salivary gland in the lip. It may need to b ... Read More
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
22 years experience Family Medicine
Ouch-it really hurts: External hemorrhoids are basically varicose-vein, and when thombosed (clotted) it sure can cause much pain in the _ _ _. This is easy excised in the o ... Read More
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
43 years experience General Practice
Sun Protection: These brown spots are in sun exposed area and are generally pre-cancerous lesions or actino keratosis. Using sun block and wearing a hat would be help ... Read More
9 thanks
A 51-year-old male asked:
Dr. Steven Seres
20 years experience Internal Medicine
Need info: A picture would help a great deal in figuring this one out.
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
58 years experience Internal Medicine
Your description: applies to a number of skin problems but I would "vote for" FUNGAL cause. Sometimes SPECIFIC TREATMENT and sometimes ORAL ANTI-FUNGALS are indicated ... Read More
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Taylor
46 years experience Dermatology
Need a photo: It is hard to tell what the spots are without a photo.
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bradford Romans
36 years experience Internal Medicine
No: Trich...?
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jodi Luchs
29 years experience LASIK Surgery
Hard to say...: These could be congenital ares of pigmentation or something more serious. Are they new or have they been there as long as you remember? See your eye d ... Read More
3 thanks
A 27-year-old member asked:
Dr. Morris Westfried
45 years experience Dermatology
Keratosis?: These may represent stucco keratosis which is localized thickening of skin simi, ar to barnacles on a boat. Soak and use peeling cream with urea or la ... Read More
1 thank
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeff Lin
Dr. Jeff Lin answered
13 years experience Gynecologic Oncology
Melanin, blood, etc: Should be examined and possibly biopsied by your ob gyn
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lori Lange
Specializes in Family Medicine
Ecezma: Hi BeroR Numular ecezma appears with coin sized lesions. This is what first came to mind. Can you have someone take a photo? Dr Lori Lange-Pennsylvan ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Sire
53 years experience Dermatology
No: This probably is tinea versicolor which is a infection caused by a yeast-like organism which lives on the skin. Sun exposure can active an infectiion ... Read More
2 thanks
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joel Doyon
35 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Cheek bite for one: One cause can be a cheek bite that caused bleeding below the tissue, but not enough of a bite to cause a laceration or tear so that the blood leaked o ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits