Top answers from doctors based on your search:

black and blue bruise on leg

A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Trettin
32 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Pulled muscle: Sounds like you strained either your calf or distal hamstring muscle/ tendon.See your pcp for evaluation. If he/ she thinks it's necessary u could be ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Moneil Patel
16 years experience General Practice
If size & symptoms: It is possible that you developed some scar tissue in the area, I would advise you see your primary care physician if it increases in size, changes co ... Read More
A 49-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arlo Miller
14 years experience Dermatology
Need Diagnosis: Before treating this, you need an actual diagnosis. Google is great for many things, but it is probably worse at medicine than the most incompetent d ... Read More
2 thanks
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
See doctor: Although bruises may occur with aging skin (from cumulative sun exposure, smoking etc), she needs to see her doctor to get tested. For example, she ma ... Read More
1 comment
A 88-year-old male asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
28 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Black skin: Not a good sign, call your doctor immediately, there is either an infection or a circulation problem. Don't sit on it!
1 thank
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
24 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
See a physician: If this is a bruise which has occurred without obvious trauma, then you may need to be evaluated for possible bleeding disorder. Could there have bee ... Read More
A 81-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carrie Cannon
32 years experience Family Medicine
Bruising: Please see a medical doctor as soon as possible to check your platelets, clotting factors, etc. Please do not take any motrin, ibuprofen, advil, napro ... Read More
A 60-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tamara Modilevsky
53 years experience Internal Medicine
See your doctor: Leg swelling can be secondary to either heart failure or deep vein insufficiency in your legs. Also kidney or liver disease can sometimes cause leg sw ... Read More
A 81-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ali Elkhalil
21 years experience Podiatry
Problem: Are you diabetic, ave you had arterial doppler. Looks like you have some vascular issue.
1 thank
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joseph Jeu
43 years experience Family Medicine
This can be normal.: This can be normal.
1 thank
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Laura Anissian
20 years experience Internal Medicine
See MD: I would recommend you see your MD for workup with some bloodwork and evaluation of the skin changes. This is hard to give more advise on without seein ... Read More
A 67-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali answered
31 years experience Psychiatry
Skin spots: Several possibilities. Best to have a dermatologist take a look.
1 thank
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
10 years experience Internal Medicine
Physical exam: You need to have this area examined in person by your physician. A painful tongue lesion has many etiologies. Sometimes a biopsy (small piece) needs ... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Med eval: with visualization of lesions will be needed to make accurate diagnosis and to make recommendations.
A member asked:
Dr. Darrell Latva
41 years experience Podiatry
THE BRUISE, NO: The bruise itself does not cause DVT, but the trauma causing the bruise theoretically could.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
22 years experience Podiatry
See the podiatrist: If you are a runner, this could be be bruising from the toes hitting inside your shoes if you are a smoker, this could be localized blockage to the v ... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
Get medical check up: If these are pink in color, it could be blood. Such bleeding under the skin(if it is new) can be a serious medical condition caused by low platelets o ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Earle
30 years experience General Surgery
See your doctor: You should make an appointment with your primary care provider for a more complete evaluation next week. Hope this helps!
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Albert Pizzo
59 years experience Family Medicine
Blue bumps: The blue bumps need to be directly examined by your doctor for the correct diagnosis. It is important to identify what these bumps are and to find ou ... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
See a doctor: The pain and bruising concern me. Please see a doctor for an examination and appropriate testing.
1 thank
A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paxton Daniel
38 years experience Radiology
Bone scans: Require some experience to interpret. I advise you wait for the radiologist's report which is usually available within 24 hours.
1 thank
A 36-year-old female asked:
Dr. Janet Roberto
35 years experience Family Medicine
Sudden bruising !: Sudden bruising can be serious. If no other changes you may want to see a medical professional
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Frank Kuitems
38 years experience Internal Medicine
Rash: Usually certain types rash can be bleeding disorder see primary care physician for evaluation

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits