Top answers from doctors based on your search:

are ankle weights bad for kids

Dr. Ronald Oberman
30 years experience in Podiatry
No: As long as you use them properly and do not use too more weight than you can handle.
1

Dr. Matthew Wilkin
23 years experience in Podiatry
1
Dr. Vic Kalman
34 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
3
Dr. Angelo Mitsos
39 years experience in Podiatry
21
Dr. Eric Bluman
22 years experience in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
48 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
I see no harm : From doing that, keep in mind moderation while doing that.
Dr. Frank Holmes
22 years experience in Sports Medicine
1
Dr. Peter Ihle
53 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Safe if U have no. .: ...knee or back issues. Also if U try it & it is painful, try something else.
1
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience in Podiatry
Swim: Look into the biomechanics of your body , perhaps orthotics would help.
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Specializes in Pediatrics
1
Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience in Podiatry
Knee Monia: Run very lightly or better yet try riding a bike and pretend that you are running. Bad knees and running generally are not compatible.
1
Dr. Richard Horak ii
26 years experience in Internal Medicine
Dr. Robert Purchase
22 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
50 years experience in Endocrinology
1
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience in Pediatrics
Protein powder: You gain muscle by exercise like weight lifting. Since we don't know the long term effects of protein powders I eould refrain from using them
1
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience in Rheumatology
Dr. David Wyatt
25 years experience in Family Medicine
Non weight bearing: The ones i typically advise are bicycle especially recumbent bike and swimming.
Dr. Pedro Cabrera
Specializes in Anesthesiology
1
45 years experience in Pediatrics
1
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience in Rheumatology
Dr. Christine Hom
29 years experience in Pediatrics
Dr. Daniel Kirk
16 years experience in Podiatry