Top answers from doctors based on your search:

ankle pain bilateral gout or arthritis

A member asked:
Dr. answered
Specializes in
Gouty arthritis: There can be several causes for ankle pain. Gout and arthritis are definitely two common causes. Your doctor has done the correct thing by organizing ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
28 years experience Family Medicine
Crystals baby: Gout is a specific type of arthritis thought to be caused by crystals of uric acid precipitating out of solution in the joint fluid. Typically attack ... Read More
1 thank
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Greer
43 years experience Family Medicine
None proven: This is the problem with "home remedies". They are never tested and to ask us to validate something we haven't been able to look at evidence proving ... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Roy Arnold
46 years experience Internal Medicine
Eval needed: Please see your primary care for an evaluation. They can sort out the cause of your foot pain. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Elvira Callahan
27 years experience Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
No. : Osteoarthritis causes joint pain. Not bone pain.
A 68-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
It is possible: Sometimes pain is pain and difficult for a patient to distinguish what precisely is responsible for the discomfort.
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Morell
28 years experience Rheumatology
Rheumatoid: Typically involve peripheral joints (elbow, wrists, hands, feet) and spurs are typical of osteoarthritis.
A 55-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
Possibly: Bilateral knee pain is most often related to arthritis but occasionally bursitis or tendinitis can be responsible. The only way to know is to have the ... Read More
1 thank
A 66-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
Osteoarthritis: This is likely an inflammatory osteoarthritis. Have her see a rheumatologist.
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Reid Holtzclaw-swan
24 years experience Internal Medicine
Juvenile arthritis?: It may be an inflammatory process. Please see your primary care provider for an evaluation.
2 thanks
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bruce Rothschild
47 years experience Rheumatology
Yes: Yes. Need rheumatologic evaluation for more details.
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michele Arnold
21 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Wrist pain: Rheumatoid arthritis can indeed cause joint pain in the wrist. However, there are many causes of wrist pain: osteoarthritis (degenerative wear-and-tea ... Read More
1 thank
A 55-year-old male asked:
Dr. David Tobin
37 years experience Podiatry
Maybe: It can show arthritic changes suggestive of ra, but other forms arthritis can mimic these changes. A blood test is less expensive and can diagnose ra.
1 thank
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Snow
30 years experience Rheumatology
Yes: Yes… this still could be an inflammatory arthritis despite the negative anti-nuclear antibody. And if it is not an inflammatory arthritis, the rheuma ... Read More
1 thank
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
22 years experience Podiatry
Autoimmune diseases: Autoimmune diseases can sometimes be associated with inflammatory joints and result in laxity. This can can create instability and can create abnorma ... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sean Haslam
13 years experience General Practice
Go visit your doctor: Bulging in the knee can arise from either bursitis, or a cyst related to a torn meniscus. Bursitis typically occurs directly over the knee cap (patel ... Read More
1 thank
A 61-year-old female asked:
Dr. Edward Hellman
28 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Not necessarily: Medications, physical therapy, bracing, and even injection therapy are ways to treat early arthritis of the knee without surgery. Consider being seen ... Read More
1 thank
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronald Oberman
30 years experience Podiatry
It;s possible: Could also be ph;ebitis. Get it checked out immediately even if you have to go to er. Both situations are extremely serious.
1 comment
1 thank
A 22-year-old member asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
May be:: sounds more like psoriatic arthrits than icthyosis with arthric manifestations. You should consult with a rheumatologist and a dermatologist.
1 thank
A 58-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
51 years experience Neurology
Yes: Your foot issues affect how you walk and may well result in foot contact with the floor at an abnormal angle. Stress can be transmitted to knees, hip ... Read More
1 thank
A 34-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hushang Haghighat
Specializes in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Evaluation: You should rest and see your doctor to be evaluated and may have CT of spine to find the cause so be treated.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Shafic Al-nammari
19 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Ankle impingement: Hi, This could represent posterior ankle impingement. I would book in to see a Foot & Ankle surgeon. Clinical examination is often enough to confi ... Read More
1 thank
A 40-year-old male asked:
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
RA: Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which your body’s immune system, instead to protect your health by attacking bacteria and/or vir ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits