U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Abscess fallopian tube

A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
See an OB/GYN: It is unlikely this is related to a pelvic abscess you had 4 yrs ago but nothing is impossible. Strongly suggest you go and be seen, examined and diag... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allananswered
Internal Medicine 24 years experience
go to GYN: You might need to get a hysterosalpingography or uterosalpingography a radiologic procedure to investigate the patency of the tubes. An interventional... Read More
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ted Anderson
Gynecology 29 years experience
Scar tissue: Hydrosalpinx (fluid filled fallopian tube) occurs when the tube is scarred and the fluid produced by the cells lining the tube cannot get out. This i... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Traub
Fertility Medicine 20 years experience
Usually infection: Most of the time when there is fluid in the fallopian tube, called a hydrosalpinx, this is the result of damage to the fallopian tubes in the past. Th... Read More
A 35-year-old member asked:
Dr. Scott Roseff
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Not really: The hsg causes cramps. The discomfort one has can depend on such factors as her pain tolerance as well as who does the procedure and his/her expertis... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Stephen Sudler
Obstetrics and Gynecology 41 years experience
Prior infection: The most common reason for a "swollen fallopian tube" is an infection, either current or prior. This can be from an std infection.
A female asked:
Dr. David Lessani
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fallopian tube: Cause of swelling of Fallopian tube is infection due to bacterial or parasitic agents which is called PID.( pelvic inflammatory disease).it can be a ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Not exactly : An hsg won't unblock a truly blocked fallopian tube. That being said it does clean it out by removing excess mucus. Interestingly, there is a higher r... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
How would you know?: I can not come up with a scenario where it would be possible for someone to know that a certain sensation is coming from the fallopian tube. Assuming ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Not without help: The sperm and the egg unite in the fallopian tube for a normal conception. If there are no fallopian tubes, conception would probably be dependent on... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership