How long can live after liver transplant?

In brief: Liver transplant

There is no exact model to predict survival rates; however, there is a 58% chance of surviving 15 years.
Failure of the new liver occurs in 10% to 15% of all cases. These percentages are contributed to by many complications such as early graft failure due to preexisting disease of the donated organ. Others include technical flaws during surgery. Hope my answer is of help.

In brief: Liver transplant

Dr. Shady Macaron
Dr. Shady Macaron
Dr. Matthew Brown
Surgery - Transplant

In brief: Normal life span is

The liver transplant can function for several decades.
But this requires effort on the patints part to be complient with all of the medical instuctions. Some liver diseases however can recur in the new liver.

In brief: Normal life span is

Dr. Matthew Brown
Dr. Matthew Brown

In brief: Life span after olt

Generally, it is expected that one would live a complete and full life after liver transplant.
As expected, age, other medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension and heart disease can play a role in overall health and longevity. Some of these conditions may even be caused by the medications necessary to prevent rejection. Recurrent disease also can occur, especially in diseases like hcv. I.

In brief: Life span after olt

Dr. David Mulligan
Dr. David Mulligan