Can sciatica cause nausea?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Possible

Some people who have a lot of pain, can have a vasovagal response in which the body is trying to cope with the pain and can cause you to feel sick to your stomach, dizziness or feeling of passing out.

In brief: Possible

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I do not think so

Sometime if you have pain from any source that could make nauseated, but sciatica symptoms does not include nausea.

In brief: I do not think so

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Justin Lo
I agree, pain, especially if severe, can cause nausea as well- but I would look for other associated causes- flu, pregnancy, medication related.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Not generally

Sciatica is due to irritation of the sciatic nerve (lumbo-sacral/low back), causes pain in back with radiation to buttocks, legs, typically below the knee.
Would not expect it to cause nausea. Of course, some conditions that might cause nausea could give rise to low back pain.

In brief: Not generally

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Adam Smith