What should I know if I have depression and I want to get pregnant?

Current status? . If you are being treated for depression with medication, discuss with prescribing doctor & ob/gyn. One must weigh benefit v risk to either continue or discontinue medications for depression in a pregnancy. Untreated pregnant women have higher rate of miscarriage, prematurity & postpartum depression. Babies exposed to antidepressants have slight risk of neonatal pulmonary hypertension.
Discuss with doctor. Ideally people dealing with depression should have a discussion with their doctor before pregnancy. In some cases the medication can be stopped. In other cases, the medication should be continued or changed after a discussion regarding the potential complications. Depression is serious and often the known risks of untreated depression far outweigh the low risk of fetal exposure to medication.