If my testosterone levels are low, can I get deca-durabolin?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maybe

Nandrolone is indicated by fda for use in anemia due to kidney disease.
It is not approved to treat hypogonadism or low testosterone. Instead, most physicians would supplement w/some form of testosterone, assuming you had no interest in future fertility.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
3 comments
Dr. Gary Greenly
although there is clear evidence that testosterone replacement therapy will decrease sperm count while is is being administered, there is no evidence that this effect is permanent. If you want to procreate, just stop therapy for a couple of weeks, and your sperm count should return to normal. Even on testosterone replacement, many men experience increased libido, so conception is possible.
Dr. Alvin Lin
I agree w/Dr. Greenly that there is no evidence of permanent infertility. In fact, there have been a number of studies, none longer than 2yrs, looking at the use of T in some form as a reverse form of contraception. Most men will regain their fertility (sperm count) in a few (six) months, although some may have to wait upwards of a year or two. Check out my post http://goo.gl/mUiFuj regarding such

In brief: Not from me

These Anabolic steroids r not controlled and may do harm to your own testicles.
If your t is low get a proper evaluation by a men's health specialist usually a urologist or endocrinologist who can treat u more safely.

In brief: Not from me

Dr. Laurence Levine
Dr. Laurence Levine
Dr. Gary Greenly
Consider cycling HCG at quarterly intervals, 2000 IU's SQ X 5days, then 1000 IU"s for 10 days. 20,000 IU's total. Stop anabolics during this 15 day interval. Use arimidex 1 mg daily, or clomid 50 mg 3X weekly during this off cycle, as your serum estradiol is likely to spike. Doing an HCG regimen quarterly like this will preserve your endogenous testosterone production. and avoid problems.
Dr. Adam Smith