I have tuberculosis am I more likely to get a lung infection caused by candida?

Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Addiction Medicine
In brief: No
Although candida can be found in the sputum it can be considered a contaminant except in certain situations such as immunosuppresion (cancer, HIV etc) if a person with tuberculosis has a candida infection the above must be ruled out particularly hiv.
Otherwise the answer is no.

In brief: No
Otherwise the answer is no.
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Dr. Latisha Smith
Wound care
In brief: No
Tuberculosis is a bacterial infection that individuals with a normal immune system can catch from anyone coughing the bacteria into the air. Candida lung infection is a fungal infection that happens more often when the immune system is suppressed by a disease or a medication.
If you have TB because of immune suppression then it is possible to get a candida infection but it is rare in any case.

In brief: No
Dr. Latisha Smith
Dr. Latisha Smith
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology