Can you actually tell the difference between kidney pain and muscular lower back pain?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes you could
Kidney pain is severe and occurs in waves.
Pain experienced in the lower back to the left and right of spine and above the hips. Back pain; dull and continuous pain becoming worse with movement. Injury to back caused by mild sprains to severe cases of slip discs, cancer etc. Pain predominant in the back due to problems in muscles, nerves, bones and joints of the spinal cord. Thank you.

In brief: Yes you could
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: I can
The major differences are in the physical exam not the description of pain and other subtlites fever strong smelling urine abnormal ua lean toward kidney pain kidney stone pain is very specidic colic severe.

In brief: I can
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston