How can I make my period flow more lightly?

Oral contraception. While oral contraceptives or birth control pills are traditionally prescribed to keep someone from becoming pregnant, we also prescribe them to manipulate one's menses or period. If you have a frequent, heavy and/or prolonged periods, especially to the extent of becoming anemic, your family doc can prescribe you ocp/bcp to lighten your flow, sometimes stopping completely. Good luck!