I am a guy and if I masturbated, would it cause any harm to my fertility?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: No problem

Masturbation does not decrease your fertility.
Men constantly make sperm, essentially throughout their life. If a man has a very low sperm count or otherwise poor semen quality then frequent masturbation of ejaculation can make their fertility worse. If the semen is normal then it would be very difficult to make a problem. I hope this is reassuring to you. Best wishes.

In brief: No problem

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl

In brief: No

Masturbation does not affect fertility.
Howver, if ones masturbates frequently, it will lower the volume of your ejaculate and indirectly this may lower your chances of conception. Therefore, if you are actively trying to have a child try not to masturbate frequently to build up the volume of your ejaculate at the time of her ovulation.

In brief: No

Masturbation does not affect fertility.
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Moez Khorsandi
Dr. Adam Levy